Here is my contribution to to the Friends of the Asa Wright Nature Centre in support the Centre's conservation and education efforts!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Asa Wright Nature Centre has been closed to visitors for several months and the eco-lodge has permanently ceased operations. However, the not-for-profit Trust remains in existence and it will continue managing its protected areas as a wildlife sanctuary.
The Trust will continue with thoughtful consideration for the health and well-being of our visitors, staff, and local communities, in compliance with guidelines established by our Ministry of Health regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, and thus remain closed until further notice.
During the interim, we will be working towards preserving the wildlife sanctuary and engaging in critical conservation work. As we have no revenue to sustain these important activities your assistance is critical – please help support our work now with your donation to the Friends of the Asa Wright Nature Centre.
Please join the growing list of friends, government officials, business and community leaders, scientists, environmentalists, teachers, parents and children from around the world who have already donated to help us during this crisis!
Donors from Trinidad & Tobago must contribute in other than TT$ at this time and will need to enter "00000" in the ZIP code field when providing your credit card information.
Please select your currency before you select the amount of your donation by clicking the drop-down menu.
If you work for a company with a Matching Gift Program please find out from them how your gift may be made even more significant, perhaps doubled or even tripled!
The Friends of the Asa Wright Nature, Inc. has been established to promote the advancement of education and conservation science in Trinidad & Tobago by supporting the work and goals of the Asa Wright Nature Centre and;
• to protect its tropical rainforests and other critical habitats and further the educational and interpretive opportunities available to Asa Wright Nature Centre visitors;
• to promote the acquisition, preservation, protection, and enhancement of the historical, natural, and recreational resources within the environmentally sensitive Northern Range of Trinidad & Tobago;
• to provide for the daily operation of the Asa Wright Nature Center; to assist in implementing Centre improvements and programs;
• to promote the acquisition, preservation, protection, and enhancement of the cultural, historical, natural, and recreational resources within the environmentally sensitive Northern Range of Trinidad & Tobago;
• and to enhance and promote environmental programs throughout Trinidad & Tobago through education, scientific research, as well as through land acquisition of endangered habitats.