Help Feed Our Neighbors in Need
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has donated! We are truly grateful for the generous outpouring of support we have received. Your contributions allow us to continue providing food for hundreds of our neighbors in need, all thanks to your help.
As the pandemic continues to linger, and with jobs and income still impacted, the need to provide food to our friends and neighbors continues. We really appreciate your continued support in helping us meet this need. Thank you, again.
We want to extend a special note of appreciation to our partners, the volunteers from the Rhinebeck Fire Department, for their assistance in raising funds on behalf of the food pantry during the COVID pandemic.
What We Are Doing
We distribute fresh produce donated by local farmers, dairy products, meat, and non-perishable food items to those most in need. We operate out of the Church of the Messiah's parking lot located at 6436 Montgomery Street in Rhinebeck on Fridays from 10am to 1pm.
Grocery distribution is done with minimal contact. We also provide masks to anyone who needs them.
What You Can Do
Help our neighbors in need gain access to food staples, and prevent them from going hungry.
A $25 donation to the Jayne Brooks Food Pantry provides a package of staples to a household of two people for a week. Contents may include:
- Dairy items (milk, eggs, butter, cheese, etc. as available)
- Produce (varies by season)
- Frozen meat, poultry, seafood
- Nuts and dried fruit snacks
- Cooking oil and condiments (salad dressing, ketchup, etc.)
- Coffee, tea
- Canned goods (soup, fruit, vegetables, beans, chili, tuna, etc.)
- Hot or cold cereal, pancake mix
- Crackers and snack bars
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Powdered milk and mashed potatoes
- Rice, pasta, dry beans
- Pasta sauce
- Personal care items (toilet paper, soap, shampoo)