Water & Power Fund!
These projects have all started with the simple goal of offering opportunities for children of all walks of life. We firmly believe that every child should have the opportunity to better their own life and during the process, positively impact the lives of those they encounter.
Togo Primary School Project
Our first large scale project is the construction of a Primary School in the West African country of Togo. The village of Bogarè is in the northern region of the country and their primary school sustained serious damage due to weather and lack of funds to repair or rebuild. This project will consist of the building of a concrete block school with 7 classrooms, an office, bathrooms, power and water. Below are photos of their current facilities...
The country of Togo:
- one of the 10 poorest countries in the world
- annual income is about $400 USD per capita
- a teacher earns about $2,500 USD per year
The Village of Bogarè
- one of the poorest villages in Togo
- no power within 6 miles of the village
- children walk 5km or more to attend school daily
- most of the population lives further than a 55 minute walk to clean water access