EPIC Academy - Ocean Plastic Educational Curriculum
Ocean Legacy has created a 10-part curriculum series from beginner to advanced levels which focus on teaching you about ocean plastic, how to change the world around you and how to make a difference in your community to end plastic pollution. Learn practical tools that have been developed over decades of experience by leading experts in this field. All of the lessons are free with registration or you may choose to donate any amount to continue supporting our educational efforts.
Thank you for contributing to this important educational endeavor from Ocean Legacy.
Lessons are provided FREE of charge or by donation and offered in two formats:
1. An online version that can be completed entirely on the online platform.
2. A downloadable version for teachers, so that they can download the lessons, teacher planning guide (for Lessons 1-5) and the activity answer sheets and use them in their classrooms.
THE OCEAN PLASTICS EDUCATIONAL CURRICULUM LESSON LIST:
- Plastics 101 - Introduction Ocean Plastics
- What are Microplastics?
- The Journey of Plastics to the Oceans
- Why is Plastic Pollution a Problem?
- Creating a Circular Economy for Plastics
- Ocean Plastics 201 - A Deeper Dive
- Moving to Action – Encouraging Behaviour Change
- Taking Action, Creating A Plastics Recycling System
- Using Policy to Make a Difference
- Advocating for Change