Environmental Education and Gardening with Children
Please help sustain Environmental Education Programs and our Community Garden for years to come. Your generosity will inspire children and adults to care about healthy living, the wisdom of nature and a sustainable future.
Your donation will support:
- vibrant environmental education programs for children and teachers from diverse backgrounds;
- college interns and youth development;
- expert environmental educators and gardeners;
- expansion of our food cultivation area;
- collaboration with social service agencies to work with youth development groups, English language learners and special needs students;
- summer camp programs;
- expansion of our outdoor classroom area to accommodate expanded programming;
- additions to our playground landscape: fruit trees, and edible shrubs where children and teachers will tend, pick and eat during playtime.
As a thank you gift for a donation of $100.00 or more, you will receive a copy of our 2021 eBook, Environmental Education and Gardening with Children: A Curriculum for Resilience, Empathy and Health.
This book is a flexible, creative resource for teachers, parents and community organizers, with 50 environmental education activities and an extensive, curated list of books and online resources. The activities are grouped by season to maximize learning opportunities during different times of year. The lessons provide enough background on each topic for educators and parents confidently lead environmental studies, outdoors and indoors.
IF YOU ARE MAKING A LARGE DONATION, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE THE BANK TRANSFER PAYMENT METHOD, WHICH HAS PROCESSING FEES CAPPED AT $5.00. CREDIT CARD AND PAYPAL PAYMENTS COST 2.2%.