Studio.89 is a non-profit community hub and fair trade cafe, offering a free space for workshops, events, and resources.
Areas of work:
- Youth Leadership Development
- Human Rights Social Justice in Canada
- Climate Environmental Justice
- Identity Self-Expression Through Art
- Holistic Wellness & Mental Health
Studio.89 addresses three service priorities in the community.
1. Youth Leadership Opportunities
Our social enterprise cafe provides leadership, volunteer and employment opportunities for local youth living with disabilities or other barriers to employment
2. Free Community Space & Non-profit Incubation
Our free and inclusive space also acts as a second home for many other non-profits in the area to promote and execute various programs which further benefit the community. From SMILE, to Azeeza, to Young Gifted & Black, our community partners make a difference in the very fabric of Mississauga.
3. Accessible Programming
From filmmaking workshops which provide a creative outlet in which refugee youth and women can tell their stories, to open mic nights which showcase local artists, our vision is to make empowerment through the arts a priority in Mississauga.