By donating today you're not just helping us, you're helping cover those people who right now are listening, and relying on public radio, but can't donate now. You're also giving new listeners a chance to enjoy our regular programming and an opportunity to become a member just like you.
For every DONATION OF $75 or more during the month of June, we will send you Pacifica Radio Archives 50th-Anniversary Collection of historic recordings documenting the trials, tribulations, successes, and contributions of the LGBT spirit in our communities across the world as our thanks to you.
This past quarter KPFK has:
- Provided extensive coverage of the LAUSD Teachers Strike, giving a voice to teachers that were on the frontlines fighting for a higher quality system.
- KPFK presented seven hours of the live broadcast of the Michael Cohen hearings to Congress followed by live analysis and commentary from our prime hosts Margaret Prescod, Sonali Kolhatkar, Ian Masters and senior producer Alan Minsky. Open phone calls from our listeners followed the broadcast.
- KPFK produced and aired Black History Month Vignettes featuring LA-based that aired at the top of the hour during the month of February. Living history makers including folks like Ava DuVernay, Dr. Keith Black, Ervin Magic Johnson, Mark Ridley Thomas, Maxine Waters, Quincy Jones, Shondra Lynn Rhimes, and many others.
- During Women’s History Month KPFK featured a vignette series highlighting prominent women including Sojourner Truth, Aretha Franklin, Harriett Tubman, Rosa Parks, Naomi Weisstein, Angela Davis, Lena Horne, Billie Holliday, Nina Simone, Dolores Huerta, Toni Morrison, Michelle Obama, Ruth Bater Ginsberg, Nikki Giovanni, Whoopi Goldberg, Maya Angelou and others.
- KPFK also features the Plastic Pollution Minute Monday through Fridays. Voiced by people such as Ed Bagely Jr, Ed Asner, and more. These minutes provide information on how everyday people can reduce their plastic pollution footprint.
- Launched our new logo designed by Shepard Fairey.
By donating without a premium or thank you gift you are maximizing your gift. Often the premiums and gifts come with additional costs to the station. Please consider making as generous a gift as you can. Your donation can make all the difference in helping us, and your fellow listener.
Your community radio station is committed to staying at the cutting edge – for you, for every person in our community, and beyond. Please help make this possible with your tax-deductible contribution.