Virtual learning due to COVID brings about new barriers for our students: home access to internet and technology, parents juggling work schedules and lack of childcare, and isolation from peers and support systems. This is where we step in. Meeting the needs of our kids, whether that’s an afterschool meal or internet access, is the focus of our work.
In our fall learning program Born to Thrive, we will be supplementing CPS’s remote schooling with needed tutoring, mentorship, advocacy, sponsorships, and joy. Every guideline and precaution is being considered as we plan out this hybrid program, including PPE, strict cleaning protocols, social distancing, and regular COVID testing.
Give now to provide our program the resources it needs so our kids can meet their full potential. Every dollar counts in our work to help our students thrive, and 100% of your gift will go towards our support of Englewood families. This program is completely free of charge to our families, and we need your help to provide this service to our children.
Cost per child: $500/month. This includes:
- Daily remote support and tutoring
- 10 hours/week of in-person engagement and learning
- Weekly check-ins with families and school personnel to track student progress and needs
- Meals and snacks for each child
- PPE for each child
- Basic needs sponsorships, including technology, school supplies, books, and care packages
- Robust after-school curriculum of Black excellence, creative art projects, music, mindfulness, and daily movement
- Internet assistance
- Transportation support to and from program as needed
Show our kids that even though school is virtual this year, we understand that their needs aren’t.