LET’S BUILD TOGETHER
We have come a long way, but the greatest part of this journey still lies ahead. Your contribution can help us get there. Our efforts to build stronger Black Tech Ecosystems rely on key supporters in the community, who believe in democratizing technology for all to contribute and benefit.
We look forward to including you among those helping us bring real progress and measurable change to previously overlooked populations. Together, we will help transform the tech sector into a model of inclusion that redefines economic success and generates a brighter future for Black communities.
Your financial contribution will go towards:
- Producing BTE Research Reports
- Executing Educational Programming
- Launching Advocacy Initiatives
If you are still on the fence, check out 5 more items to ponder.
Five compelling reasons why you should support Black Tech Mecca:
- At Black Tech Mecca, we believe measurement is the missing key to leveraging technology to unlock barriers to prosperity and wealth-generation in Black communities. You cannot remove barriers or plot new paths to success until you’ve thoroughly surveyed the existing terrain. Neither can you track progress nor growth without committing to ongoing measurement, as economic development is a dynamic process.
- Technology not only offers powerful tools for measuring Black participation in an economy, it also offers a plethora of economic opportunities. As a data-driven think tank, Black Tech Mecca is the only organization solely focused on applying the power of technology to measuring and ensuring Black progress in the tech sector..
- Our mission is to help build stronger Black Tech Ecosystems through research, education, and advocacy. Through these efforts, we will inspire the creation of spaces where Black people can fully contribute to and benefit from tech innovation.
- BTM has spent the last year working with a team of researchers to create the Black Tech Ecosystem Assessment Framework, a proprietary tool that allows us to assess the health of the Black tech community in any city and help guide stakeholders toward measurable growth and progress. Early this year, we released our inaugural research report: Black Tech Ecosystems: A Proposed Framework for Defining, Assessing, and Developing Black Tech Communities. While completing the framework was a major milestone, we are now thinking even bigger.
- BTM is already using the BTE Assessment Framework to help Chicago build its BTE and we plan to apply it to other cities across the globe. Which is why we need your support to fully ramp up and scale.