In 2018, the Philly Bail Fund made important strides.
- We posted bail for nearly 70 clients who could not afford their bail, reminded clients of their court dates and provided transportation support.
- We (in partnership with Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts) launched a court-watching program to shed light on Philadelphia's cash bail system and issued a report with recommendations for reforms to the system.
- We met with dozens of policymakers and community members to advocate for an end to cash bail in Philadelphia, where wealth determines access to freedom.
- We hosted our first 24-hour bailout, posting bail for 15 indigent people in a single day of action.
- We have built a volunteer base of over 125 people who have learned about Philadelphia's cash bail system and join us in the call for an end to cash bail.
We are encouraged by this progress and look forward to an even greater impact in 2019. Help us continue to fight for an end to cash bail in Philadelphia by donating today.