Donate to Support HFC's Mission
The HFC's mission is to foster a thriving community food system by building knowledge, skills, and relationships around food that is ecological, healthful and just.
We believe that the food system is foundational in building a sustainable, resilient, and regenerative future.
- Through our agricultural systems we can build healthy soils, increase biodiversity, create habitat, support the health of pollinators, avoid the mistreatment of animals, amp up the nutritional content of our foods and more.
- Through our eating practices, we can avoid disease, restore our gut flora, regenerate healthy cells, maintain or rebuild our relationship with ourselves and the Earth, and more.
- Through our food distribution networks we can decrease the amount of greenhouse gases we emit, cut down on the amount of plastic that we use, access food when it is fresher, decrease the amount of food waste, increase food access and food security etc.
- Through our food culture we can build relationships, create happiness, increase social multi-generational and multicultural connections and cohesion, protect important food knowledge, keep stories of our ancestors alive, and the list goes on.
- Through food waste management practices, we can rebuild soil that is an important agricultural resource - according to this 2015 article, "Earth has lost a third of arable land in the last 40 years."
And much more - food is at the crux of all aspects of humanity and society and we believe that focusing on food can heal a multitude of societal ills simultaneously.
The HFC works in five key areas:
- Education and awareness building about the importance of healthy food systems.
- Skill and knowledge sharing around healthy production, transformation, and consumption of food.
- Dialogue and discussion about the future of food in Hudson and beyond.
- Community building and networking to build the capacity needed to re-localize the food system.
- Project Development to support our vision.
If you believe in the importance of HFC's mission and would like to support this work with a monetary donation, this is where you can do so.
Thank you so much for your support!