Your commitment of a gift to the Independence Public Library is the strongest statement of support that you can make for the Library. As one of the cornerstones and critical indicators of a democratic society, the Library benefits community members with the information they need to live informed lives; free to read, listen, and view, and become engaged citizens. With circulation rates increasing among patrons and library.
Now, more than ever, the Independence Public Library needs the support of individuals, companies, and philanthropic foundations to ensure that this historic and dynamic institution can continue its long and proud service into the future. The reduced essential funding provided by the local government is not sufficient.
Your tax-deductible gift will provide a continuing source of income and ensure that the community will always have the resources of the Library available.
Becoming a sustained donor has many benefits:
• Convenience. You don’t have to worry about remembering to go online and donate or to mail a gift each year.
• Maximum giving impact. Your contributions of smaller amounts over time may be easier on your budget than a lump sum and allow you to give more per year. For instance, if you decide to give $25 per month over a year, you might not feel that amount cut into your budget like a single $300 deduction.
• Reliability for your library. The library can better plan for our needs overtime when we know there are monthly gifts pledged. Of course, you can always change, pause, or cancel your recurring donation if the need arises.
• Personalized communications. As a sustained donor, you’ll receive exclusive emails throughout the year so you can be the first to learn about the programs, services, collections, and facilities your gifts funded.
• Eco-friendliness. Automated withdrawals don’t require envelopes or checks, and the library can send you fewer appeal mailings knowing you are already making regular gifts.
What is Open Access?
Similar to a gym membership, your library card grants you access to borrow and return items, collect holds, use computers and study spaces, read newspapers and magazines, look up books, and utilize essential library services. Open Access doubled the Independence Public Library’s hours from 42 hours a week to 84 hours, giving cardholders access to the library seven days a week from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Through an automated system and increased surveillance, Open Access allows patrons to use the library after regular operating hours, without staff on duty.
Why Open Access?
Open Access increases the community’s ability to use the library by 200%, and increased the sustainability of the library, making it recession-proof. Behind every great city, is an innovative library. With Open Access, IPL provides extended hours for busy families, professionals, and individuals. IPL is creating an engaged community that has equal access to a world of information. Open Access allows library cardholders to utilize the library on weekends, without increasing your taxes!
Sustaining Open Access
• 1 Day-$50
o Donors who fund Open Access for one day, have the option of putting a personalized message (library approved) on check-out receipts for the day of sponsorship. This option includes congratulatory messages, business details/coupons, and special event details.
• 1 Week-$300
o Donors who fund Open Access for one week, receive the option of having a personalized message on check-out receipts, as well as a flyer on our electronic kiosk during the week of sponsorship. The flyer can include congratulatory messages, business, and special event details.
• 1 Month-$1,500
o Donors who fund Open Access for one month, receive the personalized messages on check-out receipts, a flyer on our electronic kiosk, and a press release in both the Montgomery County Chronicle and Independence Daily Reporter.
*Interested in other options? Contact Library Director Jeri Hopkins or Development Coordinator Brandon West at 620.331.3030