Help us create a Community Center for Bagley, Detroit

Choose amount Information Payment
A donor account is created automatically for recurring donations. Account setup info will be emailed to you.
You can log in to edit your recurring donation any time
Cc cvcThe 3-4 digits on the back of your credit card
Enter the Zip/Postal code for your credit card billing address
Bank
By clicking the donate button,
a secure bank login screen will open.

Your payment info is securely encrypted by Plaid and Stripe. We will never save your
bank account or login.

You can log in to edit your recurring donation any time

$410

Raised

6

Donations

$80,000

Goal

This year, Creating Space Detroit will purchase an abandoned house in the Bagley neighborhood and rehabilitate it into a Community Center for the neighborhood.  Rehabilitation of the house will include the creation of a meeting room, a reading room, and space for community events such as lifelong learning classes and training. In addition to the Community Center, we plan to purchase the adjacent empty lot and create a neighborhood pocket park. From here, we will work to clear the alleyways in the immediate area to create safe play areas and improved access for services.  The purchase price for the house is 40% of the campaign goal and the house, park, and alley rehabilitation the remaining 60%. It is our intention to use green building practices and to keep the needs and concerns of the neighborhood in mind at all times. 

Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by United States laws. You have received no goods or services in return for your donation, unless Creating Space Detroit has otherwise notified you in writing. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Creating Space Detroit advises you to seek your own legal and tax advice in connection with gift and planning matters. Creating Space Detroit does not provide legal or tax advice. Materials provided by Creating Space Detroit are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties.