Clarence Climate Action membership
Becoming a member of Clarence Climate Action Inc will help us continue supporting the local community with positive climate solutions. Members have an opportunity to nominate for the leadership group and have more say in our activities.
Annual membership is $10 for an individual/family and $50 for a business.
Our guiding principles
- locally focused
- underpinned by science
- impact driven – i.e. focused on things that will make a difference
- non-violent with actions or words
- proactively inclusive
- reflective and responsive to feedback
- personally sustainable and supportive
- respectful and non-judgemental communication
- open and honest communication within the group
- reasonableness and practicality
- leading by example
- having fun
As a group, we aim to:
- Increase community education and awareness regarding the science of climate change.
- Empower our community to take personal actions to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Encourage people to use their vote for positive climate action, particularly at local council elections.
- Demonstrate to businesses and government, the swell of public support for taking urgent action on climate change.
- Facilitate connections within our community, with each other and with our environment.
- Improve access to a range of sustainability resources and supports.
Membership fees are not tax deductible. All amounts are in Australian dollars.