Strengthen Latina Volunteerism & Leadership in Sacramento
Chicas Latinas de Sacramento has successfully created a culture of volunteerism and civic engagement in the Sacramento community, one Latina~Powered project at a time, for over 10 years!
The 501(c)3 nonprofit, founded in April 2009 by a 25-year-old CSUS graduate, sought to make a positive impact in both the Latin and Sacramento community by improving, connecting and embracing culture and the community in which we call our home. Chicas Latinas de Sacramento give's back to the community and utilizes our people and our culture to educate, inspire, and lead.
Our volunteers (of all ages and backgrounds) learn the power of one, learn about the needs and opportunities within our neighborhoods and community, and learn to lead. Many of our volunteers become committee members, board members, and/or move on to serve in leadership roles in our city. Viva la Mujeres!
Annual efforts include:
- “Starting Off on the Right Foot” Shoe Drive: Fundraisers and Event
- 2014 – Hagginwood Elementary: Distributed 100+ pairs
- 2015 – Woodbine Elementary: Distributed 400+ pairs
- 2016 – Del Paso Heights Elementary: Distributed 500+ pairs
- 2018 – D.W. Babcock Elementary: Distributed 500+ pairs
- 2019 - Glenwood Elementary: TBA
- College Scholarship: Fundraisers and Awards
Regular activities include:
- Social/Cultural Events
- Volunteer Events at Sac Crisis Nursery
- Community Drives Benefiting Underserved Community Members, including:
- Provided bras to Homeless Women and New Mothers
- Provided laptops to local middle school student
- Provided care-packages to homeless
- Various Holiday Drives
- #TeamChicas Running Group (and Run To Feed the Hungry!)
Organizations Served include:
- Sacramento Children's Home / Sacramento Crisis Nursery
- WEAVE Inc.
- Rebuilding Together Sacramento
- CAFFE (Clothing and Food For Everyone)
- Bishop Gallegos Maternity Home
- Women's Empowerment
- Various Latinx/Youth Conferences
- And more!
Chicas Latinas de Sacramento is 100% volunteer and donor ran and supported! For over 10 years we've asked Sacramento to support our drives and community efforts. Today we're asking for your support, so we can continue giving and growing leaders for 10 more years... and 10 more years after that!