Thank you for your support.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT DOES A GENERAL DONATION GO TOWARD?
Because sponsorships do not cover the full cost of staff, food, maintenance, school fees, etc., we rely on general donations and gifts to the Care centre Operations Fund to keep the Care Centre running. Your support helps us make sure the Care Centre is a supportive, healthy, and loving environment where children can thrive.
WHAT FEES DOES FRIENDS OF KAKAMEGA PAY FOR ONLINE DONATIONS? SHOULD I JUST MAIL A CHECK INSTEAD?
We do pay processing fees for online gifts, but in step 3 of 3 in the donation widget, it gives you the option to add those processing fees on top of your donation so we don't have to pay them. Fees are as follows:
We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 56-2375938. All contributions are tax-deductible. No goods or services were provided in exchange for this contribution.
- Credit cards - 3.2% processing fee
- Regular PayPal donations - 3.2%
- Bank transfers - 1.6% processing fee
- Learn more about fees here, or access a 0%-fee PayPal Giving Fund link here.
- You can always mail a check to us, and nobody pays any fees:
- Friends of Kakamega, 51 Hunter Rd, Freeport, ME 04032