Contribute to Carbon Offsets for the ASLA 2023 Conference
Help ASLA achieve its goal of offsetting 1,500 tons of greenhouse gas emissions at the ASLA 2023 Conference on Landscape Architecture in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
ASLA has partnered with Green Minneapolis, an urban tree carbon offsets innovator. Green Minneapolis has Carbon+ Credits for sale. These are third-party verified offsets registered with City Forest Credits. 100% of contributions will be used to purchase Carbon+ Credits from Green Minneapolis.
Conference attendees can contribute to offsets when they register. Additional contributions by attendees and EXPO exhibitors can be made via this page.
One carbon offset is equivalent to an emission reduction of one metric ton of CO2. ASLA recommends attendees contribute at least one offset to compensate for their conference emissions. ASLA EXPO Exhibitors are encouraged to also offset the shipment of their booths and travel.
About the positive impact of Green Minneapolis' project:
- The project includes 23,755 city trees planted by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board from 2019 to 2021.
- Over its 25-year duration, the project is estimated to store 48,865 metric tons of carbon and will provide quantified co-benefits related to rainfall interception, air quality, and energy savings.
- Long-term vision is to increase the metro area’s tree canopy through planting and maintaining five million trees on public and private lands, with a focus on addressing environmental inequities in the most disadvantaged communities.
About Green Minneapolis:
- The organization collaborated with the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board to complete the first urban tree carbon offset project in Minnesota.
- Through City Forest Credits, a national nonprofit carbon registry, the urban tree carbon offset project has achieved third-party verification for its carbon credits.
- The effort is part of the Twin Cities Climate Resiliency Initiative, a public private partnership that will significantly expand the urban tree canopy across Minneapolis and the seven county Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Bartlett Tree Experts
is the lead sponsor of ASLA 2023 Conference Carbon Offsets.
Contribute today by choosing your level.
If you prefer, you can send a check, payable to ASLA Fund to:
636 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001-3735
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Thank you for your support.
Image credit: Minneapolis, Minnesota / istockphoto.com, Haizhan Zheng