California Sigma Phi - Dues & Donations
"Designed and built for the lumberman William Randolph Thorsen and his wife, Caroline... This house is the fourth and last of their so called 'ultimate bungalows,' which were created between 1907 and 1910... Surely it can be said that this 'group of four constitutes the most ebullient realization of the ideals of the Arts and Crafts movement in America"
-Robert Judson Clark, "Last of the Ultimate Bungalows"
Dear California Sigma Phi Members and Public Supporters of the Greene & Greene Thorsen House: Thank you sincerely for your support and contributions to Sigma Phi and the Thorsen House!
For our Chapter Members (Dues):
Your dues are used to pay for yearly overhead related to owning the beautiful Thorsen House including Federal and State taxes, regular maintenance including grounds upkeep, utilities and Alumni events including initiations, our annual March 4 Banquet and Active Chapter hosted alumni events such as Football or Rugby game days and our annual Lamb roast.
Please choose the dues option to the right to set up your annual dues. We recommend the following amounts for your dues based upon your year of initiation:
- Members Initiated within the last 10 years: $50.00
- Members Initiated 10 or more years: $100.00
For our Thorsen House Restoration Project Contributors (Donations):
The Thorsen House is a National and State historic landmark and the California Sigma Phi Society has placed an easement that commits us to maintain the Thorsen House in a historically correct and un-altered form. Donations you make here are placed into the Restoration Capital Campaign Fund and are used to conduct Capital improvements on the Thorsen.
Some examples of these projects are:
- Exterior (Falls under Easement Agreement restrictions and procedures)
- Interior (all main floors of the house are under the Easement Agreement with some restrictions & procedures)
- Plumbing, Heating, Fire Protection & Electrical Systems
- Fire is always the most immediate threat to our house. We maintain a state-of-the-art system for fire safety of the structure and occupants. This system is maintained as part of the Capital Campaign Fund.
- Furnishings, Fixtures & Equipment
- Reupholstering rugs & drapes for upcoming conventions and house tours
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to get involved with other restoration projects, reach out to us at: [email protected]