Your Donations Make a Difference
Thank you for your donation to our on-going response to the COVID-19 emergency.
As you know, this is our 25th anniversary year. Because we have 25-years of experience, we are uniquely positioned to help the community through this pandemic emergency.
- We have a caring team of professionally trained staff.
- Strategic locations in neighborhoods with the greatest need,
- and strong partnerships with local governments, businesses, and community leaders – we’re all working together.
Beginning when public schools and our Clubs closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Boys & Girls Club has mobilized to assist the community in several areas:
- We’re providing around the clock child care in four of our Clubhouses for essential workers including first responders, healthcare workers, and other employees critical to keeping St. Lucie County operating safely.
- We’re distributing 1,200 pre-packaged to-go meals every day to children, families, and anyone in need.
- We’re broadcasting our upbeat “Virtual Club” every day for children through the Internet. Positive activities help reduce stress and keep kids active and learning.
- We’re sharing important resources and information with parents to help them cope with COVID-19 related issues including job loss, lack of food, and mental and physical health issues.
- We opened a Camp-A-Thon program for up to 230 members to allow them a memorable camp experience while still practicing safe CDC COVID19 guidelines.
We need two things right now that maybe you can help with:
- We need help reaching children and parents to share our daily “Virtual Club” show, and helpful resources and information. You can like us on Facebook – BGCOFSLC – and then share our posts with your friends. We’re also posting daily on Instagram and Twitter and would appreciate you sharing those posts as well.
- And of course, we need money and supplies. Right now, all cash donations are going into our COVID-19 Response Fund unless otherwise designated by the donor. Supplies needed are for the Clubhouses – hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels, mops, brooms, board games, soccer balls, crayons and coloring books, DVDs, snacks, bottled water, etc.
Choose amount Information Payment