Currently, in our chrysalis [planning, prepping, and design stages], we will soon launch our website with engaging content to delight, expand minds, and bridge partnerships throughout Philadelphia.
Your support will help us secure long-term hosting for our content and ensure that our work can continue to reach a broad and diverse audience in increasingly accessible and innovative ways.
So, get wild with us and support Philly Nature today.
A Child's Inspiration: Wildlife Discovery Garden
1846-50 Sepviva St.
Philadelphia, Pa 19125
Business Phone: 267.280.3520
Teach, Learn, Listen.
Educate, Inspire, Conserve.
Observe, Question, Engage.
Discover. Wonder. Bee.
Where Together, we explore nature, engage inspiration, & empower discovery. As everything connects, every new experience and every new challenge is a learning journey.
Our Mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, & inspiring environment supporting the whole child and their growth.
We Believe that learning happens holistically through relationships with people & wildlife in nature.
We Empower children through creativity & discovery to think for themselves while considering the environment & others.
We Envision curious, open-ended, meaningful, & engaging; STEAM-powered problem-solving & exploration.
We Strive for a natural environment that immerses us in joyful experiences.
We Value & Emphasize a multicultural, JEDI-focused, and age-appropriate approach that respects and honors All children as individuals, All families as unique, & of course, All of nature.
Understanding that a child's work is discovery, inquiry, & play, we look for a balance of independence & community building.
We fully commit to a positive & supportive learning environment, inclusive, open to all learners, & sensitive to cultural diversity.
We believe that regular connections with the natural world encourage children to develop:
* Respect for local cultures and climates and themselves as a part of nature.
* Feelings of unity, peace, and well-being as global citizens.
We believe it is essential for children to:
* Be respected as competent, powerful learners and risk-takers who have a voice in what they create and learn through nature.
* Be supported in developing life skills through holistic nature-based learning.
We believe it is vital for families to:
* Understand the value of children's daily connections with nature.
* Support children's appropriate risk-taking and exploration in nature.
* Enjoy regular experiences in the natural world with their children.
We believe it is crucial for educators to:
* Allow enough time each day for children to explore freely in nature-based spaces.
* Support children's appropriate risk-taking and adventurous play in nature.
* Provide children with opportunities for silence and contemplation in natural settings.
* Encourage children's development of a sense of wonder and a sense of environmental stewardship.
At A Child's Inspiration: Wildlife Discovery Garden, we strive to create learning experiences that are enriching, innovative, meaningful, and engaging. Our network of green spaces/gardens/wildlife sanctuaries, including our very our Discovery Garden, and green spaces/gardens/nature centers located in urban and suburban communities around the Greater Philadelphia area enable us to develop, evaluate, and sustain nature-based education and early childhood education programs in all settings.