K2CO- support the new dance company by Rosie Kay
A new kind of dance company
K2CO the new dance company by Rosie Kay
Kay launches her new female-led company, entitled K2CO. This new company will focus on creating cutting edge, bold and brave new dance works to tour the UK and abroad. Kay’s programme of works include the 5 star sell-out show 5 Soldiers as well as a trilogy of new works exploring themes that matter from history, imagining the future, trans humanism, the work of Virgina Woolf and literature of the French Revolution around rights, sex and power.
Along with her new creations, Kay is creating the following initiatives to support her work and the dance sector;
Charter of Creation
- Artists working with K2CO will sign up to a ‘Charter of Ideas’ with a commitment to exploring ideas and ideals of freedom of expression without fear of favour. The Charter uploads the sanctity of the arts as a place to explore the depth and heights of humanity; a place where we are free to express our thoughts and feelings without fear of being silenced, shut down or cancelled
ACCELERATE - a training programme for professionals
- A short and longer term training programme to attract the brightest and the best, focussing on recent dance graduates, creating a diverse workforce (diversity of background, socio-economic and diversity of though) and for older dancers, perhaps returning from maternity or dipping their toes back onto the stage. Through ACCELERATE artists will explore the history of scandal, censorship and revolution in the arts and in dance.
INCUBATE- engagement programme inspiring young people nationally
- K2CO will working with national venues and local communities to support targeted work with groups who may not have access to dance, connection to a professional company and will getting young people to be creative, making their own work and performing along side the professionals. This is about inspiring young people and learning from them to give them a taste of how the arts unlock potential and offer a freedom of expression
Kay also has a new advisory board and would like to introduce the new support system built around her, her works and the programme of engagement and training;
Advisory Board of Industry Experts
Introducing the Advisory Board Members; Jess de Wahls (artist), Sq Ld Kate Farmer (RAF), Jan Teo (HR and Finance), Dr Jane Clare Jones (Philosopher, The Radical Notion), Jonzi D (Hip Hop artist, Break-in Convention), Martin Eggelston (Charities Sector) and Simon Myerson QC (Barrister).
Along with the new works and tours, Kay will be engaging with debate on the subject of freedom of the arts and putting out regular writing, podcasts and conversations with top industry professionals.
K2CO will continue to apply for Arts Council England grants (through National Lottery applications and National Portfolio Organisation funding) as well as work with charities, trusts, foundations, private investors, sponors and corporate donors.
Your support will go a long way. With your support we will be able to do the following;
- Support the re-creation and UK tour of 5 SOLDIERS for Spring 2023
- Support the development of the Trilogy of New Works
- Support the touring of these works across the UK
- Support the Charter of Creation research
- Support the ACCELERATE Programme
- Support the INCUBATE programme
The company is registered at Companies House, has strong relationship with accountants, will produce audited accounts and is supported by the advisory board to deliver funding outcomes.
Kay is a member of the FSU, Women’s rights Network, The Feminist Institute and a member of the Arts Advisory Board for Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism (FAIR).