2022 Year End Campaign
Sage Mountain Botanical Sanctuary is a nonprofit organization with a mission of continuing the legacy of herbalist Rosemary Gladstar through Conservation, Education, and Healing.
In 2022, thanks to your support:
- We provided over $30,000 worth of scholarships to our online educational programs
- We launched a full time Afterschool in Nature program for low-income at-risk middle school youth in Central Vermont
- We provided youth in this program critical winter gear, holiday support, and nutritional needs for those families who go without
- We continued our conservation advocacy, successfully campaigning for the passage of a forest conservation bill at the State House
- We worked with local and state agencies to protect the Moose, Otter, Beaver, Bear, Fox, aquatic habitat, and rare plant species in our corridor
- We provided over 1,000 grief care kits to regional Hospice programs
- We hosted hundreds of visitors and students for on site programs.
In 2023, we will continue these efforts and programs, while growing our service to the plants, planet, and our community by
- expanding our youth programs to provide full time summer enrichment and continue into a second year of academic afterschool programming
- investing in a passenger van to safely transport youth to and from our programs, providing access to all families regardless of financial ability
- launching adult nature residencies for activists, herbalists, and artists in summer 2023
- continuing to speak for the voiceless by educating our community and state agencies about the critical importance of protecting rare plants and animals in our ecosystem
- continuing to advocate to local and state agencies for the protection of critical priority habitat in our corridor through multi-agency collaborations
We can only continue this work with your support!